[ale] Linux Desktop

James Taylor James.Taylor at eastcobbgroup.com
Tue Dec 9 23:15:04 EST 2014

I've been buying refurb HP units from Microcenter, and openSUSE installs on them like they were made for linux.
The most recent one I got had similar specs, but with 12GB ram  and a 2TB 7200rpm drive for under $500.
The refurb HP desktops have been rock solid for me of the last several years I've been getting them.
I still have a couple of Compaq branded refurb units from there that are still going strong after over 5 years.
-jt

James Taylor
678-697-9420
james.taylor at eastcobbgroup.com

>>> Chris Fowler <cfowler at outpostsentinel.com> 12/9/2014 3:52 PM >>>
I was googling for hardware to build a new Linux desktop yesterday and found zareason. below is a link to a screen shot. Is this a fair price? Is there a local source?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2486826/zareason.png

My goal is to replace my current development workstation. I compile a whole tree of a linux system with software and I need to replace my machine and I want to speed it up too.

If this is an unsolicited spam message, please click this link to report it: http://control.eastcobbgroup.com:49285/contents/spamreport.shtml?rptid=62945&srvid=16vl15t