[ale] Open suse 13 and display issues HDMI vs DVI

Jim Kinney jkinney at jimkinney.us
Mon Dec 8 07:37:18 EST 2014

Sometimes the default video out is set in bios.
The PCI bus should have each output as x:0, x:1, x:2, etc where x is the card address you can get from lspci command.
In X, you can specify which output device to use (you'll need to look up how to use multiple monitors for exact format) but the boot console is different.
I've never had to change boot console other than to serial ports. Maybe there's a VGA=x:0 flag for init.

On December 7, 2014 2:19:01 PM EST, Narahari 'n' Savitha <savithari at gmail.com> wrote:
>Any thoughts please ?
>
>On Sun, Dec 7, 2014 at 12:15 AM, Narahari 'n' Savitha
><savithari at gmail.com>
>wrote:
>
>> I am using open suse 13.  Got it installed when installed it was in
>the
>> install fest.  At that time the display was the DVI display.  Now I
>don't
>> have DVI display anymore but HDMI display with resolution of
>1920x1080.
>>
>> When I power of my computer I don't see any display on my monitor
>with
>> HDMI input.  If I conn with DVI it works fine.  I would like to use
>HDMI
>> directly though.
>>
>> What should I tweak so the HDMI works right ?
>>
>> Kindly advise.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> -N

Jim Kinney