[ale] creepy hardware

Chuck Payne terrorpup at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 13:43:03 EST 2014

Jim,

Sorry like that Mac have something installed on it, because we have tons of
the new macs and the camera are off until used.  Maybe your developer went
peep site and got inflected.

I know openSUSE 13.1 runs nice on the new hardware.

On Wed, Dec 3, 2014 at 1:30 PM, Jim Kinney <jim.kinney at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm wiping a nearly new mac book pro turned in by a departing developer.
>
> The built in camera is ALWAYS ON. It's used to determine the ambient light
> levels to automagically adjust the screen brightness. No indicator light is
> on. If I cover the camera with a tiny bit of foil, the screen dims. If I
> turn on photobooth, the indicator lights up that the camera is on.
>
> So it appears to have software-only controls over the "don't be naked
> here" light.
>
> Yep. Wiping this thing off completely and slamming on Fedora 21 beta.
> Can't see using it just out of the shower when I need to look up something
> real quick otherwise.
>
> Unless google really wants more data than they can republish :-)

> James P. Kinney III
>
> Every time you stop a school, you will have to build a jail. What you gain
> at one end you lose at the other. It's like feeding a dog on his own tail.
> It won't fatten the dog.
> - Speech 11/23/1900 Mark Twain
>

> *http://heretothereideas.blogspot.com/
> <http://heretothereideas.blogspot.com/>*

Terror PUP a.k.a
Chuck "PUP" Payne

678 636 9678
openSUSE -- Terrorpup
openSUSE Ambassador/openSUSE Member
freenode(irc) --terrorpup/lupinstein
Register Linux Userid: 155363

Have you tried SUSE Studio? Need to create a Live CD,  an app you want to
package and distribute , or create your own linux distro. Give SUSE Studio
a try.