[ale] PGP Key servers timing out

Jeremy T. Bouse jeremy.bouse at UnderGrid.net
Tue Apr 29 22:24:46 EDT 2014

On 29.04.2014 21:47, Scott Castaline wrote:
> Hey Jeremy,
>
> Just got a chance to try out your suggestion of server and I'm
> getting the same thing, time out error. I originally had in my config
> file to search from the pool on the prior attempt and was getting
> essentially the same time out error, so I'm wondering if it's
> something at my end.
>
> Scott C.

Scott,

That is odd as I use it as my default keyserver and I just performed a
'gpg --refresh-keys' without any timeout.

Below are the keyserver related options in my ~/.gnupg/gpg.conf if I
'grep keyserver' against it.

keyserver hkp://sks.undergrid.net
keyserver-options auto-key-retrieve honor-http-proxy broken-http-proxy
include-subkeys honor-keyserver-url honor-pka-record
auto-key-locate cert pka keyserver
verify-options show-policy-urls show-keyserver-urls pka-lookups
pka-trust-increase