[ale] OT: Comcast Wi-Fi

Sean Kilpatrick kilpatms at gmail.com
Sat Apr 26 18:33:33 EDT 2014

Mike has gotten close to what I believe is the only real issue here:
Comcast will be using your property to house their commercial equipment.
This is bound to violate all sorts of zoning laws, rules, and regulations.
Terms of Use notwithstanding, you should have (IANAL) an absolute right to
charge rental fees for the use of your space and electricity -- no matter
how small the footprint of the equipment or how low the electrical draw.

The first thing I'd ask the Comcast rep for is a copy of the approval
letter for your specific location from the county zoning office.  Trust me on
this:  they won't have one and aren't about to ask for one.

Sean