[ale] USB -> HDMI

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Mon Apr 21 18:57:22 EDT 2014

On 04/21/2014 06:26 PM, Byron Jeff wrote:
> I just purchased a similar product for my faculty. These devices are
> powered by a chipset from a company called DisplayLink. You can find
> their open source forum here:
> http://www.displaylink.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29 The short of it
> is no Linux support for video. Nothing for the last year or so but the
> gnashing of teeth. So as the buyer, please beware... BAJ

That sucks.  Maybe I should replace the PCIe video card I have now with
one that has 2 HDMI outputs.

One idea I had was to use a chromecast to stream a desktop to a
monitor.   I would want to stream a virtual desktop and not the primary
one.  I know desktop streaming is BETA, but I'm not even sure about
streaming a virutal desktop.

Chris