[ale] Best sub-$300 Light Linux Laptop?

Matt Hessel matt.hessel at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 17:08:41 EDT 2014

I have an Asus x53e I picked up new on a black Friday sale a couple years
ago.  Core i5 Sandy bridge with 13 in screen.  It was $399 and I have run
Linux on it ever since with no issues.

Actually with *buntu running with tlp installed, battery life is much
better than with windows 7. (6.5 hrs vs 4+)

I later dropped in two 4 gig sticks of ddr3 and a Samsung ssd, and been
very happy.