[ale] OT: scsi cables

Alex Carver agcarver+ale at acarver.net
Sat Apr 19 13:33:27 EDT 2014

Ok, that helps.  The Digi001 is not a SCSI device at all.  You have the
breakout box but not the right card.  The sound card chips would be on
the matching PCI card and the cables would carry the audio signals
directly from the breakout box (where the preamps would be) to the ADC's
on the sound card.  The picture of the Digi001 you sent has a reasonable
view of the card itself which doesn't look like the photo of the SCSI
card you sent earlier.

Here is the cable itself from Avid (sorry for link wrap):

https://shop.avid.com/ccrz__ProductDetails?cartID=&g=&navigationStr=ListProduct&parentCategory=&searchText=&sku=9180-07209-00&store=shop&viewState=DetailView

You can see it uses MC50's on both ends, no HD50.

If what you have is just the two photos you sent then you're missing the
actual sound card.

Here is a photo of the Digi001 sound card itself:
http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NDgwWDY0MA==/z/ed0AAOxyUgtTMMZT/$_57.JPG

This is the auction for that unit:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Digi-Design-Digi-001-w-PCI-Card-Cable-Software-DigiDesign-Manuals/310930698269?_trksid=p2047675.c100011.m1850&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D22308%26meid%3D6318612872162681468%26pid%3D100011%26prg%3D9700%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D10%26sd%3D231000705317