[ale] [OT] Cygwin and mounted drives

Lightner, Jeff JLightner at dsservices.com
Thu Apr 17 09:01:00 EDT 2014

I do use Cygwin but mainly for its X11 for X-Windows from UNIX/Linux back to my Windows 7 laptop and haven't used sshfs with it.

Since Cygwin is nearly the same as a full distro with many packages available it may actually include sshfs in its repository.   If you run the "setup.exe" that came with your Cygwin install you can expand the various areas it has to see what is available for install.  If so you might be able to mount the sshfs directly under Cygwin.

Another idea would be to use nfs unless you're married to the idea of sshfs (which you might be due it being more secure).

What does "df -hP" show when you're in the Cygwin terminal?