[ale] automating Cut and Paste in windoze

JD jdp at algoloma.com
Mon Apr 14 11:00:09 EDT 2014

There are perl modules to access all sorts of documents.  There are definitely
modules to handle CSV, text, HTML.  If the web pages are pure HTML, perl can do
it, but so can pretty much any other scripting language.

http://search.cpan.org/~jmcnamara/Spreadsheet-WriteExcel-2.38/lib/Spreadsheet/WriteExcel.pm
might be useful.

These days more webpages have that javascript crap, so simple parsing doesn't
work.  Web-testing tools are the answer to get around that. These tools are
designed to press web buttons and watch for changes.

Sometimes it is best to let the suit-monkeys make decisions and just stay out of it.