[ale] automating Cut and Paste in windoze

mike thornton mrmthorntonlinux at gmail.com
Sun Apr 13 20:18:53 EDT 2014

The suits have recently hired 30+ special projects people to manually
correct billing errors, which were caused by operator error in the first
place.
At this point the human factor is required, but the time spend moving a
field from one app to another and then scanning the screen output is
about as fast as using an etch-a-sketch.

It pains me to watch this process, but I'm at a loss since I spent
decades avoiding the MS world.

The question is, can Perl or other languages interact with MS office and
web based apps to automate the process and extract the pertinent
information ?