[ale] failing drive

Paul Cartwright pbcartwright at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 07:01:55 EDT 2014

ok,
I am runnung a badblock script in cron every night. I have a 2-drive
system. drive 1 is the original drive on the PC. It has my windows 7
partition, and my /home folder for my current fedora install. "/" for
fedora is on drive 2.

I want to keep windows 7 ( not to mention my /HOME), but there are now
29 bad blocks, up from 28 2 days ago. I have run clonezilla before to
copy partitions , "/" and "/home" , but I've never done a drive. I have
a spare partition on drive 2 that can probably fit a copy of drive 1 in
it.. If I get a BIGGER drive top replace it with, can I run clonezilla
to copy the disk and replace the 1 TB disk with a 2TB disk and copy the
clonezilla back to that larger disk??
anyone have a better idea for backing up the entire drive??

--
Paul Cartwright