[ale] Any language (wuz: Assembly Language?)

Michael B. Trausch mbt at naunetcorp.com
Sun Oct 27 09:50:20 EDT 2013

On 10/27/2013 09:36 AM, Leam Hall wrote:
> I'll take that as a vote for PHP.  :P

ONLY in the respect that I'm a programmer who will use the language in
order to make money, and that's about it.

Personally, if I had my way, everything'd be in native code, period.  No
VMs, no bytecode interpreters (except maybe IBM-style hypervisor
interpreter systems, which are actually very nice in terms of /operating
system portability/), and all statically-typed native code.

My problems with core PHP stem from its auto-fsck-yous (read through the
PHP source if "auto-fsck-you" doesn't make sense yet---it will!).

My problem with PHP programmers is that they are unaware of the
auto-fsck-yous.

My problem with most of the system as a whole is, well, the amount of
the database they take in US-CERT's vulnerability DB.

As I mentioned previously, we will write PHP code to be secure on a
best-effort basis.  But I'd have to be completely stupid to assure
anyone that it can be proved safe.

     --- Mike

--

	Michael B. Trausch

President, *Naunet Corporation*
? (678) 287-0693 x130 or (855) NAUNET-1 x130
FAX: (678) 783-7843