[ale] Fedora install?

Scott McBrien smcbrien at gmail.com
Wed Oct 23 18:16:02 EDT 2013

Sean,

If you're running F13, you need to change to a longer term distro like Cent or some Ubuntu LTS.  What you're running now hasn't gotten any updates in about 3 years.  'Upgrading' to a current Fedora is probably not going to work since things like the RAID metadata superblocks are a different format.  That's probably why your install choked on them.

Don't use F17, it's already fallen off the update cycle.  F19 is the latest stable Fedora, but 20 is going to be dropping soon 12/3.  Really, if you're using Fedora you need to be able to dedicate some time to upgrade every 6months or so, at a minimum, once every 12 months.

-Scott