[ale] stupid flash player is BLUE!

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Tue Oct 22 17:35:48 EDT 2013

It seems Adobe flash player on Linux is a bit weird if you have a modern
nvidia card with NVIDIA driver and the hardware acceleration and libvdpau.
It basically makes the video blue toned.

But! I found the cure just now from here:

http://askubuntu.com/questions/117127/flash-video-appears-blue

short solution is to cd to where ever the adobe libflashplayer.so is and
run:

perl -pi.bak -e 's/libvdpau/lixvdpau/g' libflashplayer.so

to make it look for a non-existent file.It will make a .bak file "just in
case". Now either restart (all my zillions of) browser(s) _or_ kill the
/usr/lib64/xulrunner/plugin-container process and firefox will restart it
when it's needed. That will force a reload of flash and youtube is no
longer blue.

:-)

James P. Kinney III
*