[ale] How to pass vars to lots of shell scripts?

leam hall leamhall at gmail.com
Fri Oct 18 13:03:58 EDT 2013

So far, that's what I'm thinking. The process would be:

master script zeros out the param file
master script takes options given to it and writes to a param file
For example:

params.sh
  TEST=0  # Test for condition, default true
  FAIL=1   #  Has not failed yet
  FIX=1     #  Default  to do not fix

Called script looks something like:

. params.sh

THIS_VAR=0

<run something that sets THIS_VAR to not 0 if the test fails>

if [ THIS_VAR -ne 0 ]
then
    FAIL=0
fi

if [ $TEST -eq 0 ]
then
    if [ $FAIL -ne 0 ]
    then
        echo "This test passed"
    else
        echo "This test failed."
    fi
fi

# TEST and FIX are separate; some runs might just test, some will fix.

if [ $FAIL -eq 0 ] && [ $FIX -eq 0 ]
then
    echo "Time to fix this bad boy..."
    <do fix stuff>