[ale] Ale subscribers

Damon L. Chesser damon at damtek.com
Thu Oct 17 11:37:44 EDT 2013

On 10/16/2013 10:38 AM, Aaron Ruscetta wrote:
> Still my opinion that this is a crock of panic driven over-reaction.
>
> The problem is a valid concern, but the implications seem greatly
> exaggerated and the causes are pure emotional speculation of one
> individual that is seriously lacking in evidence.  The real sources
> of the problem have not been rationally evaluated, so the method of
> addressing it is reactive, extremist and aggressively ignorant.  This
> might fly at a teabagger terrorist rally, but it has no place here.
>
> The whole discussion is being so inappropriately manipulated that
> I am finding it a huge argument for abandoning ALE and moving
> on myself.  I'll sit with it a few days to cool off and let y'all know.
>
> in peace,
> aaron

For the first time, ever, I completely agree with Aaron.  Why would an
OT post bother anybody?  just don't read it.  How silly.  If you don't
like Windows, don't read it.  I skip most all posts and only read the
ones that interest me.  Not that I think Jim is doing/has done a bad
job, he has not/is not.  It is just the rash of hot heads who get ill by
reading a topic that contains something other than Linux and feel that
they have been defrauded in some way.  Silly. It is totally
inappropriate to belittle  a poster because he posted something YOU
don't like to read.  Stop reading it.  The list will die.  things
change, the need has decreased for such a list and becomes even more
corner case be outlawing OT posts.  I find tech interesting, anything
Windows less so, new tech more so, and so I keep this list so that I can
read about new things and (hopefully) synergize  them together into a
greater whole.  Just my 2c worth.