[ale] mint 13 vm running out of storage space

Michael B. Trausch mbt at naunetcorp.com
Mon Oct 14 12:13:28 EDT 2013

On 10/14/2013 12:06 PM, JD wrote:
> I have many VMs here ... let me check all the currently running machines/VMs ...
> every last one of them has an SMP kernel even though most have 1 vCPU assigned
> and have never seen more.  Perhaps that is a Server install thing?  Don't really
> use desktops anymore.
>
> Perhaps TinyCore or Puppy or router distros don't use SMP?

I think SMP-aware kernels have been the default for at least a couple of
years now.  I can't remember when I read about it, but I seem to recall
a thread on LKML that talked about turning it on by default (at least on
ix86/x86-64).

    --- Mike

--
Naunet Corporation Logo 	Michael B. Trausch

President, *Naunet Corporation*
? (678) 287-0693 x130 or (855) NAUNET-1 x130
FAX: (678) 783-7843