[ale] mint 13 vm running out of storage space

Phil Turmel philip at turmel.org
Sun Oct 13 23:51:49 EDT 2013

On 10/13/2013 10:04 PM, Ron Frazier (ALE) wrote:
> Hi Phil,
>
> Thanks for taking the time to post this.  I'm afraid a good bit of it is
> over my head.  But, I am keeping it on hand in case I can use it later.
>
> Mike will probably understand more of what you're talking about.
>
> That kpartx tool sounds cool.
>
> Also, my host is Windows, which I didn't mention before.  So, some of
> what you listed here wouldn't apply.

*Sigh*

I clearly remember trying to convince you to set up your VBox
environment w/ Linux as the host.  I was hoping my pointed comments
would prompt you to reconsider your architecture.

{me checks my archive /}

Yes, we a somewhat heated exchange back in the middle of February on the
topic of VM hosts and related topics.  You might want to reread it.
Instead of *dabbling* in Linux VMs you could *enthusiastically* dive
into Linux as a full-time *user*, keeping VMs to ease the transition and
maintain the hard cases.  Like learning to truly speak a foreign
language, immersion is crucial.

HTH,

Phil