[ale] Linux calendar server

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Sat Oct 12 13:12:56 EDT 2013

Alex Carver <agcarver+ale at acarver.net> writes:

> Any suggestions for a lightweight calendar server for Linux?  I stumbled
> across Radicale as an option though input and opinions on it or anything
> else are very welcome.  This is entirely personal, I just want to keep
> my Thunderbird calendar (Lightning) and my phone synced without
> necessarily involving Google itself.  Nothing fancy needed, it just
> needs to be able to keep a calendar or two that a handful of client
> software can access.

I use Zarafa for Calendar and Contacts.  It uses ZPush to connect to
some clients, and it has ICal support for other clients.  It also has a
web service that looks a lot like Outlook Web (for better or for worse).

It runs on most Linux servers; I run it on Fedora as it is packaged in
rpmfusion.

-derek