[ale] Please stop spamming the list (Was: Re: researcher develops new secure login procedure)

Jerald Sheets questy at gmail.com
Fri Oct 11 14:08:02 EDT 2013

Well, the thing is, the "powers that be" like it that way.

I made suggestions regarding possibilities of splitting into "OT" and "On topic" lists, gave some examples of other lists around the country that were doing it successfully, and was vilified STRONGLY on this very list for even offering the notion.

So, if you're going to hang out here, you're going to get everything from Aardvarks to Zebras, and you really can't complain about any of it.  The only thing to do, then, is to hang out, be civil, ignore what doesn't apply or is off topic, and comment where you are interested or can be helpful.

Attacking each other solves nothing and scares away newbies from asking questions, afraid they'll get the same treatment.