[ale] Monitoring (Was "Todays trends")

Erik Mathis erik at mathists.com
Wed Oct 9 13:22:13 EDT 2013

+1 zabbix. Zabbix has a steeper learning curve tho. Especially when you
want to do complex triggers.

What I really like the most about zabbix is that it will graph anything
easily. Also you can monitor anything using (bash, perl, whatever) one
liners. No need to create a wrapper scripts. Its also makes setting up
relationships or dependencies a snap. It also fully functioning SOAP API. I
dont like that it will disable a item if it fails a check.

ALL SA's should know nagios. Like rsync its a big stepping stone.

If you have to use nagios, opsview is a good alternative.

-Erik-