[ale] [OT] engineering professional (me) available for tech work

Ron Frazier (ALE) atllinuxenthinfo at techstarship.com
Mon Oct 7 14:43:18 EDT 2013

<begin shameless plug>

Hi all,

This email feels a bit odd to write, but circumstances have motivated me to post it.

Without getting political, I'll just say that my wife is a federal worker and is now on furlough.  If this drags on for very long, the lack of income is going to be very inconvenient.

Within about a week, after I finish some prior commitments, I will be available to work on a temporary or per job basis.  For the moment, not necessarily forever, I am available at $ 15 / hour.

I would also consider full time employment with a strong preference to things where I can use my creative skills.  Those of you that have read my posts before know that I've been unemployed for a while so I would need a bit of training to get up to speed in new situations.  For full time employment, I would be looking for a higher wage rate.

I have 30 years of engineering education and experience, including using the internet ever since it became widely available to consumers, professional programming and teaching experience, large systems maintenance on flight simulators, and a BS-EET degree.  I have Windows and Linux Mint computers and can run VM's as well.  I hope to have Android emulator capability soon, as I've discussed in other threads.

I am a thorough and meticulous worker, and focus on doing things right rather than quick.  Of course I would work as quickly as possible within the bounds of doing it right.  But I don't cut corners.  I would rather spend some time preparing my work environment to do your task and then do the task efficiently than just try to do a "quick and dirty" job.

Regular readers have seen my writing, and some have complemented me on it.  That's one thing I could do remotely for you no matter where we each are located.

If we needed to meet in real life, I can drive up to 30 or so miles away assuming the job fee covers my transportation costs, more if I'm directly reimbursed for travel.  I would like to minimize fuel / car usage that I'm not reimbursed for.

I'm not asking for charity here, but if you have legitimate technical needs that I can help with, please consider me.  Even after my wife's wages return, I'd certainly be OK with earning a paycheck.

<end shameless plug>

If you want to discuss any general topics I've mentioned, feel free to reply on the list.  If you want to discuss my specific experience or your specific needs, please reply off list.

Sincerely,

Ron