[ale] How do I run Android in a Virtualbox VM

Ron Frazier (ALE) atllinuxenthinfo at techstarship.com
Wed Oct 2 16:20:41 EDT 2013

Hi Horkan,

Thanks for the tip.  I think I'll let this android-x86 be my 2nd backup
plan and bluestacks be the 1st backup.  I think the best potential at
the moment is the official android emulator, which Derek suggested.

I tried to load the Android Development Toolkit on my Win 7 laptop,
which does not have Java for security reasons.  The installation
crashed.  Not long ago, I tweaked a Mint VM to use the official Oracle
Java, so maybe I could install the ADT on that and then run the
emulator.  Or, I might try it in a Windows VM.  It's just that, for my
day to day machines, I don't want Java on them.

Sincerely,

Ron