[ale] FD 3 on gpg?

Michael B. Trausch mbt at naunetcorp.com
Mon Nov 18 11:43:23 EST 2013

On 11/17/2013 11:56 PM, Neal Rhodes wrote:
> Which actually works.    I cannot fathom how.    The FM says it will
> read the passphrase from file descriptor 3.  Uh...Stdin, Stdout,
> Stderr,  There goes 0, 1, 2.    uh, that would be a file defined
> within gpg?

You can open new file descriptors from the shell and pass things
through, or (as is often the case with communication between a parent
and child process) open pipes as file descriptors and use them as a comm
channel.

For example, if you have a UNIX socket that you'd like to connect to
your application on fd 3 from the shell:

$ application 3<>/path/to/socket

You can do this for any number, including the standard
output/input/error streams.

     --- Mike

--

	Michael B. Trausch

President, *Naunet Corporation*
? (678) 287-0693 x130 or (855) NAUNET-1 x130
FAX: (678) 783-7843