[ale] Modem identification and connecting

Alex Carver agcarver+ale at acarver.net
Sun Nov 10 16:08:38 EST 2013

Yeah, no go so far.  There's a lot of conflicting information about how
to get the IrDA working.  I may try again later on when I get an itch to
do it but for right now the system gets confused and wipes out my
regular serial ports.  If I can figure out how to move the modem and the
on-board port to some other address then maybe the IrDA will work
without conflicts.