[ale] What would you like to see in an "Intro to Linux" Course.

Crawford Rainwater crawford.rainwater at linux-etc.com
Wed Nov 6 16:16:39 EST 2013

Derek:

To save you the trouble in "reinventing the wheel", take a look at LPI's "Linux Essentials" course topics found at

https://www.lpi.org/linux-certifications/introductory-programs/linux-essentials

(More details on LPI's wiki on this as well for reference.)

This is a set of topics designed for "out of high school" level people (thus, "zero experience" potentially for the average and general student).  Roderick Smith has a fairly good text out with the same title published by Sybex/Wiley found on O'Reilly's web site in non-DRM formats at

http://shop.oreilly.com/product/9781118106792.do

Linux ETC uses this for our "Linux Essentials" course offering to note.  I believe it is a nice step forward to "basics of Linux" without going into Linux+/LPIC-1/RHCSA territory just yet.

FWIW and HTH.

--- Crawford
PS: I receive the ALE list in Digest format, so pardon any delays in responding in advance.