[ale] Long lag for command line

Ron Frazier (ALE) atllinuxenthinfo at techstarship.com
Fri Jun 28 19:52:32 EDT 2013

It's possible your hard drives are spun down.  (It's also possible that's not relevant.)  I've seen occasions in Windows where the machine would take a couple of seconds to respond due to this.  Sometimes, you can hear the hdd spin up when you do something.  I had to go in and turn off that feature.  You may not be able to do that with "green" drives.  Settings for this are usually in the power settings.

On Mint using the Mate desktop environment (Gnome 2), there is a check box you can untick in power preferences that will keep the hdd's from spinning down.

Sincerely,

Ron