[ale] what should I do when resizing ext4 partition

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Jun 10 20:54:06 EDT 2013

Chuck Payne <terrorpup at gmail.com> writes:

> Questioin, are you running LVM? I am just wondering as I never heard
> that you could resize a partition unless it was a LVM. Please let me
> know.

You can definitely resize raw partitions, even if they are not LVM.  LVM
let's you resize them on a live system, whereas raw partitions require
you to take the system offline to resize.  But yes, you can do so, and
programs like acronis or even (g)parted will allow you to do so.

-derek