[ale] would you buy projector from craigslist - off topic

Ron Frazier (ALE) atllinuxenthinfo at techstarship.com
Mon Jun 10 18:32:42 EDT 2013

Narahari,

Caveat, I'm not a projector nor a craigslist expert.  Here are some random things that come to mind.  You may wish to get the model number, serial number, and make, and then call the manufacturer to see if it's been reported stolen (since it's a pricy item).  I accidentally bought a stolen adding machine once from a pawn shop.  A few days later, they called and I had to give it back, but never got my money back.  You would want to run test the unit in a lighted room (if that's where you'd likely use it).  Make sure the cooling fan works, and the bulb works.  The bulb may be near the end of its life.  Check out the replacement bulb cost and expected lifetime.  You could read reviews of this unit on amazon or other sites.  You could see if the seller will give you a 3-10 day return privilege but that's up to you.  If he agrees to that, get it in writing.

Sincerely,

Ron