[ale] what should I do when resizing ext4 partition

Ron Frazier (ALE) atllinuxenthinfo at techstarship.com
Mon Jun 10 14:38:09 EDT 2013

Hi all,

I have a machine which dual boots windows and mint.  The 500 gb hdd is mbr with 4 primary partitions, ntfs windows, ext4 mint, linux swap, and ntfs data.  I'm cloning the drive to a 1 tb wd drive with WD Acronis true image.  This will automatically proportionally resize the partitions to the larger size.  I know what to do with windows to make sure it's compatible after I reboot on the new drive.  However, is there anything I should do with mint to make sure it boots properly and doesn't damage the mint os  or other parts of the drive?  As far as I can tell, the swap file will not be changed.  As far as I can tell, the partition order will remain the same, but the boundaries will change.  When I'm done, I'll check it to make sure everything is on 1 MB boundaries, but the WD Acronis program should do that automatically.

Any help is appreciated.

Sincerely,

Ron