[ale] [OT] GNURadio hardware

Ted Wood wood at gatech.edu
Fri Jun 7 15:10:44 EDT 2013

Thanks for the response. The reason for the PCMCIA was to try to keep a
low profile which I wouldn't have to worry about unplugging when putting
in my bag. It seems, however, that even with the USB dongle I linked to
previously, an additional RF upconverter is required. I assume any
solution will require one and thus nullifying efforts to keep it low
profile either way.

The RF upconverter I was looking at was the "Ham It Up v1.2"
(http://goo.gl/IH94P) which can be found for around $50 putting the
entire load out at around $75 which isn't a bad deal for access to the
HF bands.

Ted Wood <wood at gatech.edu> KK4LUO