[ale] OT how do you turn a blog into a private podcast / mp3 / ogg

Ron Frazier (ALE) atllinuxenthinfo at techstarship.com
Wed Jul 31 22:07:41 EDT 2013

Hi JD and Allen and all,

In answer to your prior post JD, the link you mentioned looks interesting.

Until Google killed Google Reader, I had an RSS feed reader on the
Android tablet called gReader.  It no longer works.  Actually, though, I
almost never get this type of info by reading (with my eyes).  I use
audio for books, podcasts, tech news (via podcasts), etc.  About the
only thing I read is magazines and training type books which don't work
well on audio.

I like the idea of using the tts system in Android.  I had previously
purchased the SVox tts engine for the tablet along with the Grace
English voice.  I copied some text from the eff blog into it and played
it and it didn't sound terrible.  It wasn't fabulous either, but would
probably be acceptable for short periods of time. It's better than the
built in voice for Android.

See my further replies on this thread.

Sincerely,

Ron