[ale] OT Just bought my 1st & 2nd "lighting-class" LED bulbs

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Wed Jul 24 08:07:39 EDT 2013

On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 7:00 AM, Mike Harrison <cluon at geeklabs.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 23 Jul 2013, Jim Kinney wrote:
>
>> I never consider payback time. I always get the best efficiency I can
>> afford. My kids and
>> potential grandkids get the benefits of my resource frugality.
>> Money gets printed daily. Thus it's an infinitely renewable resource. My
>> time is in short
>> supply so economic theory says my work should have to pay more for my
>> work.
>>

> Your economic theory is hilarious/brilliant!  I love it. :)

The talking heads keeps spewing that economic theory as reasons why the
things _I_ want/need cost more so I just applied the same "logic" to the
powers that be acquisition of my knowledge and effort. Seems fair. The more
hobbies I have, the less time I have to work thus the more the boss needs
to pay to induce me to work for him.  : D

> I'm not rich, but I have always been rewarded by buying the best
> efficiency and/or quality I can possibly afford and taking care of them.
> They take care of me in return. I buy energy efficient things because it
> fits in my overall philosophy and view of what I should be doing as part of
> the world around me. We humans, Americans especially, tend to view things
> short term. I'm not a tree hugging nut, but I try to make good choices.
>
> I hug trees when I climb them. I like nuts, especially cashews. I learned
a saying a long time ago "The bitterness of poor quality remain long after
the sweetness of the price is forgotten.". The more of this place I can
leave for future generations to play with , the more fun they can have. I
don't think I have any right to use up all the fun now just because I can.

James P. Kinney III
*
It won't fatten the dog.
- Speech 11/23/1900 Mark Twain