[ale] OT Just bought my 1st & 2nd "lighting-class" LED bulbs

James Sumners james.sumners at gmail.com
Tue Jul 23 18:56:15 EDT 2013

That SEER 10 I mentioned? It died the beginning of June. I just bought this
house January 30 and my research indicates it was about 12 years old. I
have a SEER 13 unit now; I'm expecting an even better (relatively speaking)
bill for July.

As a side note, starting in 2015 you won't be able to install anything
below SEER 14 in the sputheast. Considering the upfront cost, there isn't
much reason to get anything above a SEER 13 while you still can. Obama
killed the tax incentives (max is now $500 if you do a complete overhaul of
everything at SEER >=16) and the operating savings don't really recoup the
initial cost.

--
James Sumners
http://james.roomfullofmirrors.com/

"All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts pathological
personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it is magnetic to the
corruptible. Such people have a tendency to become drunk on violence, a
condition to which they are quickly addicted."

CH:D 59