[ale] [OT] Cars and licensing... (Was: Re: Well, this does nothing for the reputation of Linux)

Scott Castaline skotchman at gmail.com
Tue Jul 23 11:24:30 EDT 2013

That circle was known as Military (Academy?) Circle as there used to be
a Military Academy's winter campus on it. I don't remember what the
story was behind the school closing which happened somewhere in the
80's. Thanks for the reminder, I got Gov't and Young Circles mixed up.
It's been a while about 15+ years since I lived down there.

On 07/23/2013 12:00 AM, Alex Carver wrote:
> On 7/22/2013 19:08, Scott Castaline wrote:
>> Try going to Hollywood, Florida. There are 3 roundabouts (actually I
>> seem to remember the term rotaries as being used up in New England)
>> along Hollywood Blvd. The far East one was the intersection of US 1
>> (Federal Hwy) and of course Hollywood Blvd along with 3 to 4 other
>> streets feeding this thing. We used to call that one Government Circle
>> as city hall, PD and a Fire Station was in the circle itself. This also
>> had traffic lights all around it and had 5 to 6 lanes adding and
>> dropping off as you traveled around it. Now that is weird.
>
> Government Circle has a library, too, but it's the middle circle not the
> easternmost circle.  Young Circle with the amphitheater in it (I
> attended many of my sister's dance recitals there) is the eastern most
> circle.  And the western most circle has a really interesting all-glass
> office building with lighting that makes it look almost invisible at
> night (though I can't remember the name of the circle).  Having lived
> there for the first half of my life I don't think I paid any attention
> to the fact that they were circles for traffic.  I just rode/drove
> through them as if they were a city planner's bit of fun design.

Sent from my home PC running Fedora18 to you and NSA, FBI, CIA, HSA
and God only knows who else!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!