[ale] Riddle me this

Scott Plante splante at insightsys.com
Mon Jul 22 15:04:23 EDT 2013

Just a moment ago I tried and was able to play Amazon Prime video in Chrome on openSUSE 12.3.

Not that anyone reported problems, but Hulu worked for me too.

It's ironic that as a video site Netflix doesn't even have a promotional video on its site you can play without joining up or some specific test video you can play to see if your setup works. If you know of one, I'll give it a try, but I'm not interested in signing up right now.

People have mentioned Android, but I wonder how these sites work with Chromebooks. As I understand it, ChromeOS is much closer to standard Linux, just with most things hidden under the covers. And with the Samsung Chromebook (orig.$249) being the top selling Amazon laptop for months on end, it would seem to be in these sites interest to support ChromeOS at least, and from there regular Linux might be an easy workable but unsupported option.

Scott