[ale] [OT] Cars and licensing... (Was: Re: Well, this does nothing for the reputation of Linux)

JD jdp at algoloma.com
Mon Jul 22 13:12:03 EDT 2013

On 07/22/2013 12:29 PM, Jim Kinney wrote:
> Georgia needs a 2-letter test for driving. Right now they have an eye test when
> they need an IQ test.
>

> They also need a response time test, a rules test, a road test and a synthetic
> scenario test and all of these should be repeated every 5 years to stay current.

I'm glad I don't need to get a new GA DL until 2019 ... unless I want to fly
domestically - and want a Real-ID compliant DL toi make things easier with the
Feds. My last DL renewal was through the mail. Very little fuss, just a $1 fee
added - well worth it.

Dealing with the DMV every 10 years is enough for me, but you have a point.
A driving test at 16, 20, 25, 45, 60, and every 5 yrs until age 75, then every 2
yrs after that might be a good idea.