[ale] Well, this does nothing for the reputation of Linux

Michael B. Trausch mbt at naunetcorp.com
Mon Jul 22 10:00:36 EDT 2013

On 07/22/2013 09:54 AM, leam hall wrote:
> Ah, so you're saying that cars are bad because there are dumb drivers
> that can't replace an engine?
>
> Is there bad code written in PHP? Sure. Same for Python, Perl,
> C(++/sharp) etc. Don't blame the language for the users.

No, my argument was not quite the same.  Read it again carefully.

PHP attracts non-programmers due to a very, very low barrier to entry.

It's more like a state that doesn't require drivers' licenses for people
to drive, compared to other states that do, if you want to take it into
the arena of cars.  Of course, the root cause of failure there would be
identified as the state, for failing to enforce basic regulation, not
the people who take advantage of that weakness, stupidly or otherwise.

    --- Mike

--
Naunet Corporation Logo 	Michael B. Trausch

President, *Naunet Corporation*
? (678) 287-0693 x130 or (888) 494-5810 x130