[ale] Web based file storage

Alex Carver agcarver+ale at acarver.net
Fri Jul 19 11:10:04 EDT 2013

On 7/19/2013 05:50, Chuck Payne wrote:
> There is a webbased svn out there, I don't have the name in front of
> me. But, have you thought about using ownCloud? You can set up on any
> computer or mobile device. I use as a sys admin to keep my scripts in
> a central place. If I don't have an agent install I can use any ole
> browser.  Not that you would need it. But it has other items build
> into music player, calendar, contacts, and pictures.
>
> Also, webgit is nice too.
>
> If you are using debian, I know the web base svn and webgit are there.

I don't really need the weight of SVN.  No revisioning is happening and
these aren't files to be checked out and returned.  It's just a giant
file storage system to grab files as needed.  However, ownCloud looks
interesting so I'll investigate that one and test it out.  I imagine I
can turn off the unneeded features. :)  As long as it's entirely
accessible by a web front end and has decent security then it may just work.