[ale] OT fyi Barnes & Noble has buy 1 get 2nd 50% off sale graphics - web design

Ron Frazier (ALE) atllinuxenthinfo at techstarship.com
Thu Jul 18 13:52:13 EDT 2013

Hi all,

PS about that sale at BN.  It's SORT of a sale.  It takes 1/2 off the LIST price of the 2nd book.  But, list prices are not what's quoted on their web site.

So, I put a couple of $ 30 ish books in the shopping cart, and it took $ 4 off the second book, not $ 15 as I was expecting.  I feel that's a bit misleading, so I canceled the order and went to Amazon.  But, the sale still might be useful to some of you.

I want to put a plug in for a new friend of mine.  Jason Van Gumster is on the ALE list.  He wrote Blender For Dummies, which is a good reference book for newbies.  He's very nice and knowledgeable about the topic.

Jim,

I am a total newbie to blender, but want to learn it in depth.  I can relate to what you said about it being terrifying.  The ui is reminiscent of an aircraft cockpit.  Hopefully later, I'll relate to the amazing part as well.  I'm going to have to spend a couple of hours per day practicing on it.  I'll have to look up the movie you mentioned.

I have Blender Master Class and Character Development in Blender 2.5 on order from Amazon and hope to start plowing through them.

Sincerely,

Ron