[ale] back to rpm prefix questions

Narahari 'n' Savitha savithari at gmail.com
Sun Jul 14 12:19:12 EDT 2013

Friends:

Thanks for your time and attention in advance.

Here is the scenario.

a. I have created a RPM for apache-tomcat-7.0.42 and it installs.
(relocatable package)

b. I have to now create a RPM for the applications aka the
wars.(non-relocatable)

It has the dependency on the above apache-tomcat-7.0.42.rpm package.  I
have that mentioned in the Requires tag.
Now I need to know where the package mentioned in the line above is
installed.

I need that because relative to that location of where the package in
line-a is installed I have to install the war files.

I know that in the %pre line of war-rpm, I can do somethings.  I can do
rpm-qip of the line-a package and get the install location.  The question
is how to make it available to subsequent sections.

Essentially I need to know where package in line-a is installed and how can
I get that variable and make it available to subsequent sections of line-b
package.

-N