[ale] AAAARRRRG! #@$%#$%$%^$% Don't upgrade K9 Mail!

Michael B. Trausch mbt at naunetcorp.com
Mon Jul 8 08:04:59 EDT 2013

On 07/08/2013 01:10 AM, Ron Frazier (ALE) wrote:
> Warning, if you like the OLD one line per message format for K9 Mail for android, DON'T UPGRADE.
>
> Yet another program dev team REDESIGNS a WORKING user interface and MAKES IT WORSE without giving the user a choice.

Nobody made you upgrade.

> That makes 5 products now that have betrayed me, 7 if you count Windows 8 and Ubuntu.

I'm sure Microsoft and Mr. Shuttlecock both feel that they have betrayed
you deeply and are very sorry for their transgressions. Oh, waitaminute,
back to reality here...

> Now I have to spend half a day retrograding the program and set it to never update again, if that's even possible!

If it is possible, I don't want you on my Internet.  Seriously.  People
who do stupid shit like that are the reason I constantly bang my heads
against walls.

> You've been warned, but it may not be soon enough.

Jeez, software upgrades happen.  Just because things and people continue
on doesn't mean you have to pitch a fit about it.  If you don't like
vendors upgrading your stuff, don't upgrade.  Deal with the security
issues that result from that and thus isolate yourself from the
Internet. (And if you don't isolate yourself from the Internet running
out-of-date software, well, you get what you get.)

Otherwise, FFS, deal with it.  Nobody has "betrayed" you, and if you
seriously feel that way, well, write your own software and quit writing
books about how bad everybody bloody else does it!

You don't see me bitching about the lack of killfile support in modern
MUA software, now do you?  It is a little more important that my mail is
safe, than it is that it be free of annoyances and pests.  It's a trade-off.