[ale] AAAARRRRG! #@$%#$%$%^$% Don't upgrade K9 Mail!

JD jdp at algoloma.com
Mon Jul 8 07:06:38 EDT 2013

Thanks for that heads up. K9 user here too.

I don't auto-update anything on Android.  I was burned 1 day before a long
international trip last year.  Many programs available in the US store aren't
overseas. Being left with a non-working key program and know way to install from
a backup when on travel sucks.

Plus, with ADB, backups for the entire OS (except texts) is possible on 4.x+
Android. The container is even encrypted. It is possible to backup all APKs on a
system separately using a different ADB option.

Could the change be only for the tablet version? I'm hopeful.

Half a day? That seems excessive. I'd believe 30 min, but I suppose that depends
on your APK backup method.

Anyway, good luck.