[ale] [OT] Hobbies and Market Research

Ed Cashin ecashin at noserose.net
Thu Jul 4 21:09:43 EDT 2013

I don't think facebook et al. have a feature that reminds a user, "You
haven't contacted Joe Schmoe in a while."  The trick would be getting
enough information to make that helpful.

Evernote comes to mind.  They have a nice API for third-party apps, and
they're very supportive of developers of such apps.  A user's Evernote
notes could provide enough information to say that "Joe Schmoe's new
daughter turned two today.  Maybe some encouragement would help."

Seems ambitious as stated, but a more simple but still useful service might
be within reach with some thinking and care.

Good luck!

(And where are you learning Wing Chun?)

  Ed Cashin <ecashin at noserose.net>
  http://noserose.net/e/