[ale] Long lag for command line

Alex Carver agcarver+ale at acarver.net
Tue Jul 2 15:19:17 EDT 2013

Ok, so it hung up again.  I've got a good strace and a bad strace for
starting up vi.  The good strace shows the whole trace taking about
three seconds.  The bad strace shows the whole trace taking 20 seconds.

I can post both  for download if anyone can help make sense of the
traces.  I see a couple spots where the lag is very obvious (about a ten
second gap in the time stamps).  But for the rest of the trace,
everything is just slow overall.  Both traces are the same length so at
least there's no issues with missing function calls.