[ale] Fiber optic ethernet

John Pilman jcpilman at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 11:11:34 EST 2013

My experience with fiber is from work.  I would be cautious of trying to
pull terminated fiber through too small of a conduit.  If you break the
fiber then you're out the $200 and have to start over.  I would consider
contracting someone to put terminations on after you pull the cable, then
use shorter jumper cables to your equipment.  Pre-terminated cables have
strain relief ends, un-terminated cables do not.  So try to avoid the
temptation to pull un-terminated cable, then add terminations and connect
directly to the equipment.

...John