[ale] Preferred server dists

Beddingfield, Allen allen at ua.edu
Wed Feb 27 14:14:50 EST 2013

Are you looking for a free distro, or for a commercially supported one?
If commercially supported - I would select SUSE Linux Enterprise without
question.
For free, I would go with either OpenSUSE (despite the shorter lifecycle,
OS upgrades are easy enough with the occasional "zypper dup") or Arch.
SUSE/OpenSUSE will give you Apparmor for some extra security.  Arch will
give you an extremely simple, efficient, and clean setup.

Just my $0.02 worth.
Allen B.
--
Allen Beddingfield