[ale] LPIC-2 or equivalent worth it?

leam hall leamhall at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 10:25:22 EST 2013

Certification really depends on what you want to do with it. RHCE will get
you $5k-$10 more per year in salary and more job offers. Any certification
is better than none, but RHCE is the top of the Linux lists for work
benefits. Oddly, LPIC-1 is the equivalent to RHCE if you are looking for
DoD 8570 compliance.  :)

For personal stuff I like certs. It gives me a goal to work towards and I
have someone else saying my skills are rated at X level. I've seen too many
people that claim linux skills but can do anything after logging in.

Leam

--
Mind on a Mission <http://leamhall.blogspot.com/>