[ale] Bulk jpg Thumbnail production from 137000 jp2 files??

Wolf Halton wolf.halton at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 09:31:48 EST 2013

Hi James - Thanks.
Works, but I am trying to convert files in sub-folders
find -type f -name "*.jp2" -exec convert {} -resize 14% *.jpg \;
was doing something, but basically it took each image in order and created
a file called *.jpg in the parent directory, over and over. Looking at it
in image-viewer is like watch ing a slow slide show, as the image changes.

On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 9:24 AM, James Sumners <james.sumners at gmail.com>wrote:

> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ImageMagick
>
> On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 9:07 AM, Wolf Halton <wolf.halton at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > I have been poking around, and gui-graphics apps will do the job, but I
> need
> > a monastery full of dedicated monks to work on it for a couple of years.
> > had a product on *That other OS*(tm) that could do this, but I am on
> Debian
> > Wheezy and don't want to ship the drives all the way across from this
> > cubicle to the other, or install samba on the Debian machine to mount the
> > drives on the machine with *That other OS*(tm).
> >
> > --
> > Wolf Halton
> > This Apt Has Super Cow Powers - http://sourcefreedom.com
> > Open-Source Software in Libraries - http://FOSS4Lib.org
> > Advancing Libraries Together - http://LYRASIS.org
> > Apache Open Office Developer wolfhalton at apache.org

> James Sumners
> http://james.roomfullofmirrors.com/
>
> "All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts
> pathological personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it
> is magnetic to the corruptible. Such people have a tendency to become
> drunk on violence, a condition to which they are quickly addicted."
>
> Missionaria Protectiva, Text QIV (decto)
> CH:D 59

Wolf Halton
Open-Source Software in Libraries - http://FOSS4Lib.org
Apache Open Office Developer wolfhalton at apache.org